PADI Scuba Diving Courses
Qualified Diver Courses
Deep Diver | Wreck Diver | Nitrox Diver | Digital Underwater Photographer Level 1 | Digital Underwater Photographer Level 1&2 | Peak Performance Buoyancy | Navigation | Cavern Diver | Sidemount Diver
Your introduction to the underwater realm
- The course involves a quick lecture on just the basics on how to make it fun and safe. This will typically last about half an hour.
- Following this we will get you “kitted-up,” getting the scuba gear that fits you. The equipment use is included in the price and you will find ours to be of the highest quality and well maintained.
- We build things up in very small steps so you start off in shallow water where you can still stand up, then just putting your face in the water, then kneeling down in shallow water and then swimming in shallow water. With this done with no more than 2 customers per member of staff, your safety is well looked after and it is made into a lot of fun.
- Once this is all done, we’re off to the water to experience the weightlessness under water, look at the beautiful underwater scenery up to a maximum depth of 6 meters! It’s an experience NOBODY ever forgets!
- If the dives are not done in the bay in front of our shop, there is a €5 charge for the extra time it takes to go elsewhere.
We also offer to do a HD video of your experience for an extra 15euros per person, or for groups of 4 or more it is free..
Course Time: 2-3 hours
Cost: 1 Person €37.00
2 People (price per person) €32.00
Customer to staff ratio: always 2:1 or better.
Discover Scuba Diving
This course is the first part of the PADI Scuba diver or Open Water course and gives you the basic theory and skills of scuba diving.
- On this course you will still get the lecture with a video followed by a quick multiple choice test to make sure everyone has understood.
- There is then a briefing on the skills and you will then complete 4 basic skills in shallow water prior to the dive, where you can still stand up.
- Following the skills, off we go for a dive to a max of 12m.
- On completion of this course, if you decide that you want to carry on to Scuba Diver or Open Water with us on this holiday, we will deduct the cost of the DSD from those courses.
- If you then just want to do fun dives no problem they are just €35 with full equipment and free transport to the dive sites.
Course Time: 3-4 hours
Cost: 1 Person €50.00
2 People (price per person) €45.00
Customer to instructor ratio: always 2:1 or better.
PADI Scuba Diver allows you to dive to a depth of 12m under the supervision of an Instructor or Divemaster
- Taking only 2 days, this course proves popular to clients with little time on their holiday.
- PADI’s Scuba Diver course goes further in depth, into the intricacies of the sport of diving.
- You will complete 3 pool sessions (a series of skills performed in shallow water).
- 3 Theory sessions, videos and Knowledge Developments.
- A swim, a tread water and of course 2 actual Open Water dives, where you put all you have learned into practice.
- On completion you will be awarded a certification, recognized around the world, to be able to dive to 12m under the supervision of an Instructor or Divemaster.
- You can then upgrade to Open Water Diver at any PADI dive center.
*PADI Standards require you to have a manual, which we sell for €55.00 or a digital one we sell for 50euros.
Course Time: 2 days
Cost: 1 Person €250
2 People (price per person) €238
4 People (price per person) €226
Open Water Referral
- After completing all of the theory, quizzes, exam and pool sessions of the open water elsewhere, you can now bring all of this knowledge, along with the referral paper work completed by your instructor, to our dive centre.
- The Open Water dives are the assessment dives of the course where you have to be able to demonstrate mastery of the skills you learned in the confined water.
- If you have not dived in a while or do not feel that you have complete mastery it would be best to book a scuba review (40euros) prior to the start of the referral, because we are not allowed to re demonstrate skills to you on the assessment dives.
Course Time: 2 days
Cost: 1 Person €200
2 People (price per person) €190
4 People (price per person) €180
Open Water Diver
Here it is, the course that upon teaches you everything you need to take up diving as a hobby - Open Water Diver
A comprehensive course aimed at becoming a safe diver capable of planing and enjoying diving , as well as looking after equipment and the underwater environment.
- The course consists of the student reading the Open Water manual and following it up with videos, knowledge development questionnaires and quizzes, corresponding to the 5 sections in the manual.
- Following this there is an exam (Relax, it's multiple choice!).
- The practical development begins with confined water sessions (shallow water training of skills), a 300 m swim and a 10 min tread water.
- On completion of the above you get to put into practice all you have learned during the 4 Open Water dives.
The course is a rewarding one, giving an in depth knowledge of SCUBA diving and the safety to go out and explore in other parts of the world qualifying you to dive to a depth of 18 meters.
If you would like the Open Water Course as part of a holiday click here.
PADI Standards require you to have a manual we can supply a digital one for 50euros or a paper one for 55euros.
Our course costs include learning to dive with a dive computer, which in reality all divers use, making diving much easier.
Course Time: 4-5 days
Cost: 1 Person €315
2 People (price per person) €299
4 People (price per person) €285
Alternatively, the entire Open Water theory section can now be done online. No manuals are required, and the theory can be done in the comfort of your own home. When you arrive here, you can start right away and save yourselves 1 day in the classroom on holiday.
It is $130 directly to PADI and suits someone who places a high value on their holiday time.
Just click on the link for further information and start learning to dive now with PADI's E-Leaning!
As a special offer we can reduce the course price by 45euros if you register the e-learning with us on this link as the e-learning now includes the certification fee with PADI.
Want to expand on your skills? Adventure Diver
- As you already have the knowledge from the Open Water course, let’s explore the other avenues of diving and try some different areas with which you may not be familiar.
- If Deep is included in the dives this is a qualification to 30m that you can do in just 1 day
- The course consists of 3 dives in 3 different areas of diving.
- You get to choose in which area you would like to learn more e.g. Boat diving, Wreck diver, Deep diver, Naturalist diver, Night diver, Multilevel diver etc.
- The manual (54euros) is required and just the knowledge reviews for each dive need to be completed for certification.
Advanced Open Water Diver
Taking your Diving to a New Level - Advanced Open Water Diver
- The same format as the Adventure Diver but with 5 dives in specific areas.
- Within the 5 dives however, there has to be 1 Deep dive and 1 Navigation dive (If they were not completed during the Adventure Diver course).
- The choices we offer are photo, multilevel/ computers, naturalist, peak performance bouyancy (PPB), night (extra 5 euros for torch hire), wreck (has to be by boat diving the P31 ,Rozie or P29 extra 15euros for the boat trip).
- All dives are reinforced with a manual and Knowledge development quizzes.
- An eye opener of a course, especially the navigation dive!
- This course makes sure you can go out AND come back to the same area, as well as dive to depth (Up to 30m!) safely.
- The completion of the course allows you to dive to 30 meters and allows you to dive unsupervised in Malta.
- A great course to do here as apart from the navigation (and PPB if you choose that option) the dives can be done along with the guided dives, so you get to see the best sites on the Island as well as gaining the qualification.
- Do not forget that the price includes the equipment hire!
- PADI standards require you to have a manual which we sell for €54.00, or we can supply a digital one for 50euros.
“Wow that was a hard course, but I loved it” Celine Ravier, Rescue Diver.
This is one of the common comments we get from students completing this course.
- Possibly one of the most rewarding courses. It not only builds confidence in yourself, it shows you how to instill confidence in others and to help them at the time they really need somebody who knows what they are doing.
- The course not only trains you on how to cope with a situation, it shows you how to avoid them.
- Consisting of 13 training areas that cover the majority of situations you may face in the open water, the course concludes with 2 difference scenarios.
- The training is a fun experience, underlined with the serious nature of what you are learning.
- Before completion you will also pass a Emergency First Response course and have 20 logged dives, completing the whole experience and providing divers with the ability to look at the safety of others as well as themselves.
*PADI standards require you to have a manual which we sell for €50
Emergency First Response
- A course that can be undertaken by anybody, you do not have to be a diver for this one!
- Some people take this course for their work place and some just take the course for simple peace of mind.
- Watching a video and working through the course booklet, the student gets to grips with the basics of First Aid and CPR.
- The course is a prerequisite of the rescue course.
*PADI standards require you to have a manual which we sell the basic one for €15 and the deluxe (which includes a first aid kit) for €50.
Your first Professional Qualification - Divemaster
The first course that qualifies you to be a professional diver!
- If you have desire to go around the world teaching diving, well this is the first step.
- The course covers all aspects of how to become an asset to any teaching instructor and the class.
- You will also get an in depth knowledge of the physics, physiology, equipment, business, supervision and risk management of diving activities.
- A lot of this will be first hand by way of supervising student classes and role playing.
- You will become a role model and feel how good it is to help somebody get over their particular fear and see them go on to be a diver.
- There is a great deal of responsibility, but upon completion you will relish the challenge and can go on to become an Assistant Instructor or even an Instructor.
We are offering free Internships for 2017 if you can commit to staying with us for a minimum of 4 months over summer.
Accommodation can be arranged for €220 – €100 per month depending on how many candidates share.
The world is your oyster!
*PADI standards require you to be a rescue diver with 50 logged dives and have a crewpack, which we sell for €200.
- A prerequisite of this course is to be PADI advanced or equivalent.
- This course qualifies you to dive to a maximum depth of 40 meters, very useful for Gozo and getting to see things that would be outside of the range of advanced divers.
- The course covers the planning, organisation, procedures, problems and hazards of deep diving.
- We cover risk factors and complete a decompression table review, safety stops, emergency decompression procedures, special equipment, decent lines and buoyancy considerations are also covered.
- To attend this course on Gozo you must be at least PADI advanced with the deep speciality or equivalent.
- We offer a special 10% reduction on the combined course price, for a combined deep and wreck speciality package.
- The course includes the planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving.
- The course also covers the preparation of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration reels and lines.
- We also cover limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures.
- A fantastic course to do in Gozo as we have 3 wrecks on the island.
- We also visit the wreck of the P31,P29, tugboat Rozi and Popeye’s Barge (The Scots Craig) on our boat dives, which are an extra 15euros a dive.
- The penetration dives are taught at an instructor to student ratio of no more than 1:2.
- Although this course does not include the dives you are more than welcome to do a nitrox dive under the supervision of our instructor as part of the guided dives, at an extra cost of €12 per dive.
- The prerequisite of this course is that you are over 15 and be at least PADI Open Water or equivalent.
- This course teaches recreational divers to use enriched air “nitrox” for no stop recreational diving.
- The course teaches you to use enriched air with 22% to 40% oxygen, with emphasis on enriched air with 32% and 36% oxygen.
- Although not necessarily any safer to dive with than air, nitrox leaves you feeling less tiered after a dive and extends no-decompression times in depths above 30 meters.
Digital Underwater Photographer Level 1
- This course does not have any prerequisites and is even open to snorkellers.
- A great deal of fun this teaches you the basics of taking underwater pictures.
- The course also includes a free cd with you digital pictures on.
Course Time: 1/5 Day, 1 Dive
Cost: 1 Person €100
2 People (price per person) €95
4 People (price per person) €90
Digital Underwater Photographer Levels 1&2
- This course has a prerequisite of PADI Open Water or equivalent and a minimum age of 12.
- This carries on from part 1 to go further into improving the quality of pictures taken as well as how to download and process them.
- The course also includes a free CD with your digital pictures on.
Peak Performance Buoyancy
- The prerequisites of this course are that you are a minimum of PADI Open water or equivalent and be at least 10 years old.
- This course can also count as one dive of the advanced course and we will offer a discount towards this.
- The purpose of this course is to improve and “polish” a divers buoyancy control through knowledge development and practical skills practice.
- The prerequisites of this course are that you are a minimum of PADI Open water or equivalent and be at least 10 years old.
- The course covers he skills, knowledge, planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and enjoyment of underwater navigation.
- This is a skill that is extremely useful and can often save difficult situations or missing the attractions you have dived to see.
Caverns exist in many areas where scuba divers venture – from freshwater springs to volcanic island walls and limestone coasts. In these locations you’ll find large, dark spaces that seem incredibly inviting, yet are potentially dangerous. The PADI Cavern Diver Specialty course gives you the knowledge and skills to explore caverns correctly – allowing you to enter far enough for adventure, but staying within the light zone for an easy exit to open water.
You need to be PADI Advanced Open Water Diver who is at least 18 years old to enroll in the Cavern Diver course.
What will you learn?
Ready for a challenge? You’ll complete four scuba dives with the first focused on line handling, reel use and emergency procedures outside a cavern; and the next three dives put your new skills to use inside a cavern. You’ll also learn about:
Other specialized equipment for cavern diving, such as lights and redundant breathing systems.
Avoiding disorientation and anti-silting techniques.
Dive planning, including depth and distance limits and air management for cavern diving.
Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go. Sound interesting? Sign up for the PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty course.
If you’re a PADI Open Water Diver who is at least 15 years old, you can enroll in a PADI Sidemount Diver course.
What will you learn?
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
If you have any questions about our PADI scuba diving courses, or want accommodation and airport transfers, please contact us for further information.
- All our PADI scuba diving courses include certification. Only the Divemaster course does not include the equipment hire.
- We are happy to have the manuals or CD roms posted to you before you get here, so that you can study in spare time rather than holiday time.
- All courses are subject to availability on a first come first served basis.
- Minimum age for PADI courses is 10 years old (only exception is that we can run a 1 on 1 bubblemaker experience for 8 year olds for 35euros, max depth 2 meters for 20 minutes).
- Download the PADI Medical Form PDF. If you have any ‘yes’ answers then a doctor will need to sign your form before you can dive.
If there is not a course running that is convenient for you to fit in with, then we will run one just for you and our price structure reflects this policy.
We run our PADI scuba diving courses to the highest possible standards to make sure you truly master every skill. Unlike some other centres we do not charge for extra lessons.
*If you have booked as a group, and do not complete it as a group, the discount will no longer apply.
*If you fail to complete the PADI course on your holiday, we give you up to one year to come back and we offer to complete the course at no extra cost.